Thursday, August 30, 2007

Noodle salad

Excellent lesson. No more comments from him about needing to "step up my practicing" because so-and-so sounds fabulous. Just giving me little points of improvement and telling me I sound great. I don't think I've ever had a lesson go so well. :)

Having said that, I must add that I hate Bolero. Lots of finger-aches due to that little piece but it's sounding better and better. The high Dbs weren't speaking well so I started a new fingering last week that is taking a lot of work to retrain. Found a new G-A trill for the Mozart concerto that is much more in tune. My professor plays on a heckel or a fox and those fingerings don't always translate to the slightly altered fingerings of a moosmann. For the most part, the moosmann fingereings wind up being easier. It's just a matter of finding those fingerings.

No comments: