Tuesday, September 18, 2007

For all two of you following this blog, I didn't get the position. I was very disappointed and have sluffed off on the ol' practicing wagon a bit as a result. I've also been working and had lots of rehearsals so I would prefer to fault those commitments rather than my own attitude for the drop in time spent purely practicing. Yeah...

Anyway, my reeds all stink right now, I have a lesson tomorrow, and I am exhausted from this day. I have things other than wallowing in self-pity that I should be accomplishing.

Besides, that was last week. This week, I start taking steps towards NOT shooting myself in the foot in audition/high-stress situations.

2 comments:

Kent said...

I could say a lot of cliche things at this point, such as "at least you gave it your best shot", or, "there's always next time" - both of which are true.

The truth is, though, that it is disappointing to put so much work into something, and not have it turn out the way you wanted it. Truly a bummer you didn't get it.

But, you did work hard, and you got some great experience from dealing with a high-stress, torturous situation. For that, congrats.

Plus, you know, there's always next time...

CB said...

How did your auditions go for university? How was your first semester back? I've been checking your blog for updates but haven't seen anything from you. I do hope you're doing allright.